This is our customer charter. It sets out our commitments to provide you with service, procedures and information at appropriate stages during your purchase.
- We will give you a copy of our customer charter if you ask for one. We will automatically give you a copy if you reserve a property.
- We will work to set procedures to meet the commitments we have stated in our customer charter.
- We will train our staff to understand their responsibilities in our dealings with you and what the customer charter means for you.
- We will give you the detailed pre-contract information you need to make an informed decision about buying the property.
- We will seek to ensure that you appoint your own professional legal advisor to carry out the legal formalities of buying the property and to represent your interests.
- We will let you know:
- who to contact at every stage of your purchase;
- how we will deal with your questions; and
- any relevant choices and options you can consider.
- We will give you health and safety advice to reduce, as far as possible, the risk of danger on the development site during construction and in the use of your home.
- Our marketing and advertising will be clear and truthful.
- Our contract-of-sale terms and conditions will be clear and fair.
- We will make clear to you your cancellation rights.
- We will give you reliable information about NHBC’s Buildmark cover and any other guarantees and warranties from which you may benefit.
- We will explain how we protect your deposit and how we deal with any other pre-payments.
- We will give you reliable information about the timing of construction, legal completion and handover of the property.
- Once a completion date is set we will ensure that:
- the transfer of ownership takes place; and
- the functions and facilities of the property are demonstrated to you.
- We will inform you clearly about the after-sale and emergency services that we will provide for a certain period after completion.
- We will tell you about our procedures for dealing with customer complaints, including the availability of any services that can help resolve complaints about warranties.
- We will co-operate with appropriately qualified professional advisors you have appointed to help resolve disputes.
Our customer charter commitments do not affect your statutory rights.